Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 21st!!!! The First Day of SNOW????


October Snow???
This picture is taken from the door way on the back deck!!

Last year on this day it was 26*c today 2008 SNOW????UGH!!!!

I know I sure wasn't ready for this!!

I'm still wearing open toed sandles!!LOL

It was raining when I left for my painting class,

and as we drove north it got more and more snowy!!

When I got back home at 12:30pm we were covered in snow too!!

Oh well!! It is coming!!Ugh


On a more fun note I did start going to a painting class on Tuesdays!!

It is a water colour painting class and it cost a wopping $3 a class!!LOL

One of my friends mentioned that she goes every week and when she found out I paint she asked me to come along!! We will take turns driving as it is a 1/2hr away!!

This Class is held at a Legion and there is a teacher, she brings in a suject to paint or you can work on what ever you want!!

I took a picture of an elk to paint for DH and the camp!!

They don't hunt elk,

but I liked that it looked pretty easy for me!!LOL

I took lessons a few years back and picked up my brushes again this summer!!

There was about 12 ladies there and 2 men come and they Draw!!

I think the money goes to the legion, not to the teacher!!

Everyone was very nice and willing to help!!

It's nice sitting and creating with like minded people!!

I need to be better prepared for next week!!

I didn't know what to bring this first week!!

When I took lessons before every thing was there for us, meaning water containers, paper towels and such. I guess for $3 I should have clued in!!LOL

I will set up a bag of my needs for next week!!
Well I just got back from the UCW meeting and we discussed the craft show for this weekend!!
Looks like we have a sell out show, all my tables are rented
and the last of the advertising is done!!
The tea the ladies put on was organised and all areas of the show are ready to roll!!
I am doing my baking tomorrow and freezing it for friday!!
I have to get my show stuff ready and at the door for loading ready as
I wont have time on Friday!!
Wish me luck!!!


So thanks Giving was a blast!!
We had 20 people for dinner!!
Yep 20!!!
We had 2 turkeys, 1 roast of beef & 1 ham, I made mash potatoes, c
arrots & parsnips, turnip, Brocoli & cauliflower!!
We had no less than 5 different desserts too!!
It was a great gathering of freinds and family!!
A couple days later my mom said how much she enjoy the dinner and evening!!
I love my house filled with freinds and family!!!
We had lovely weather too, which makes for everyone to be in a good mood too!!
Well my next post wont be till after the show!!
I will try and take some pictures to share on here!!


1 comment:

playsdolls said...

Hi Patricia,
It was great to see you at my blog,I am not to good at blogging et but am trying to learn.\Wish we had a $3.oo art class around here,I would love to go.Been wanting to learn water color painting.Love the look of the snow,wish we had that here too.Sounds like Thanksgiving went over well.